The Slots Myths and the reality.
1. Full coin machines ("equal distribution" or "Straight multiplier") have the lower house edge than a regular slots.
Any additional coin is a multiple of the payback for a single coin. For example: 100 coins for one coin, 200 coins for two coins, 300 coins for three coins.
So, for three coins you will win three times as much when you play one coin - the house edge is still the same.
2. A slot machine is going to become hot because it’s been cold for a while and vice versa.
When you pull the handle of the slot machine the RNG (random number generator) does not care whether the machine has been hot or cold. It just randomly picks number series that matches predetermined combination that will be shown on the reels.
3. Slot machines have “cycles” and you can break the machine if you can figure out these cycles.
Cycles are not preprogrammed events. You can see them only in retrospect as the result of the random nature of the game. But you are not able to predict what is coming up based on what happened in the past.
4. There is some "magic" system to beat the slot machines in the long run.
Nowadays a slot machine returns between 85 and 100 percent, depending on the game and location and the average house advantage is calculated to be about nine percent. It means, that in the long run, it will return to the players what it has been programmed to return — 91 cents for every dollar played or just about.
5. You have more chances to win by pulling the handle than by pressing the button.
The RNG does not care whether you pull or press and it has no effect on the outcome of the spin. Of course, pulling the handle you can decrease your loss per hour as you slow down the game.
6. Casinos can change the odds of a machine when you are playing.
The heart of a slot machine is a computer chip which generate random numbers. It is inserted into the machine when it's manufactured and casinos cannot alter the payoffs.
7. If you play one coin at a time you will to get more chances at hitting the jackpot.
On the contrary, in most cases playing the maximum coins increases the payout rate percentage in the long run.