Last updated: Sep 20, 2006
In the game of Red Dog Poker a player does not compete against the dealer as only one hand of cards is dealt.
A player wagers if the 3rd card will fit the spread between the first two cards.
Playing Red Dog
- The player makes an initial (ANTE) bet.
- Two cards are dealt - see card values.
- If the two cards are consecutive, it's a Push, initial bet is returned, another game must be initiated.
- If two cards are equal a third card is drawn. If the third card is equal to first two (Three of a Kind) player wins. Otherwise the game is a Push.
- If two cards are not consecutive (there is a spread betwen them), the player decides weathere to Raise (Double his initial or ANTE bet) or Call (continue with initial bet).
- The third card is dealt.
- If the third card falls between the first set of cards, the player wins. Winnings are paid accordind to payout schedule
Card values for Red Dog
Red Dog is usually played with one decks of 52 cards where card suits have no meaning.
|face value - 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10|
|Jacks are worth 11|
|Queens are worth 12|
|Kings are worth 13|
|Aces are worth 14|
|Spread between the two cards||Payout on 3rd card|
|4 to 11 cards||Even Money|
|Consecutives||Push (Bet Returned)|
|Pairs||Push (Bet Returned)|
|Three of a Kind||11:1|
Play for Free
- Play Free Red Dog Poker - Microgaming software.
Red Dog Poker Online
Red Dog Poker is a popular card game and available almost at every online casino. Software providers offer game under the same rules, of course, there are some differences in Player's Interface and bet limits.