Last updated: Feb 28, 2007
The objective of the game is to beat the dealer' five-card poker hand. The game is 'Stud' that means the player do not get additional cards after initial hand is dealt.
Playing Caribbean Stud
- A player makes the initial Ante wager.
- The player also can make a progressive bet if allowed by the rules of the particular online casino.
- The dealer deals five cards to the player's hand and five cards to the dealer's hand where one card dealt face up.
- The player evaluates his hand and makes on of two decisions - to Fold or to Call.
- The player Folds if he does not believe he will beat the dealer's hand and loses the Ante bet.
- The player makes a Call bet (twice the Ante bet) if he believes his hand will beat the dealer's hand.
- Then dealer checks his hand.
- If dealer's hand does not qualify (doesn't contain an ace and a king or better) the player wins even money (1:1) on the Ante bet, Call bet is returned.
- If dealer's hand qualifies, the highest hand (dealer's or player's) is determined according to hierarchy of poker hands.
- If dealer's hand is higher than player's, the player loses both Ante and Call bets to dealer.
- If player's hand outranks the dealer's hand then the player wins even money (1:1) on Ante bet and the Call bet is paid as at the Caribbean Stud Payouts.
To qualify for the Jackpot, a player must make a side 'bonus bet' before playing the hand. Jackpot (or share of the jackpot) is paid regardless if the Dealer "qualifies" or not according to the table below.
Caribbean Stud Payouts
|Player's Hand||Payout for Call Bet||Jackpot Pay Schedule|
|Four of a Kind||20:1||$500|
|Three of a kind||3:1||--|
|High card (Ace, King)||1:1||--|
Play for Free
- Play Free Caribbean stud Poker as it offered by Microgaming casinos, no downloading.
Caribbean Stud Poker Online
- Cyberstud Poker by Microgaming - Royal Flush - 1000:1, Straight Flush - 200:1
- Island Stud Poker by OddsOn - Royal Flush - 1000:1, Straight Flush - 200:1
- Caribbean Stud Poker by Rival - Royal Flush - 800:1, Straight Flush - 200:1
- Caribbean Stud Poker by Wagerlogic - Royal Flush - 200:1, Straight Flush - 50:1
- Caribbean Stud Poker by RTG - Royal Flush - 200:1, Straight Flush - 50:1
- Caribbean Poker by iGlobal Media - Royal Flush - 100:1, Straight Flush - 50:1
- Caribbean Poker by PlayTech - Royal Flush - 100:1, Straight Flush - 50:1
- Caribbean Poker by Boss Media - Royal Flush - 100:1, Straight Flush - 50:1